Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week Eight: Katy No-Pocket

We read Katy No-Pocket by Emmy Payne:


After reading (with some extra learning involved; like "how many animals fit in that apron? That's a lot!"), I handed out little aprons, much to their delight.  After getting them all tied, I played this song and they had a great time bouncing around the room like a kangaroo.

Next, we made these kangaroos:


Template can be downloaded here.

On Friday we read the story again and hopped around some more.

Then, I took them into the lunch room where I had previously marked with blue tape a thirty feet mark (how far a kangaroo can jump), as well as one foot intervals for about five feet.  I showed them how far the kangaroo can jump, and then we all took turn jumping as far as we could. Here's the blank worksheet.


Next, we made mini books called "My Book of Mommy and Baby Animals" that I made.  You can download the file here.


No comments:

Post a Comment