Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Poem Folder

I think poems are not only extremely beneficial for preschoolers to learn and recite, but also very fun.  One of my favorite things I remember from preschool was learning a poem and coming home and reciting it to my family. 

In light of this, I made a poem folder. I put each poem we learn with some related clip art on the front, and on the back I write some key words from the poem to trace with a dry erase marker.




We don't do a poem every week but I stick them in when I can.

Here's what we've done so far:

Here Is a Cave

Five Little Pumpkins

I'm a Little Scarecrow (I borrowed Kristin's poem sheet for this one http://www.ateenytinyteacher.com/2011/11/oh-happy-day.html)

The Apple Tree

Snowflakes, Snowflakes, Falling Down

Tommy

Just double side these, stick them each in a page protector, and voila!


One kid was so into this that he spent a good fifteen minutes tracing every word in the folder. Needless to say I was super proud:



No comments:

Post a Comment