Thursday, July 9, 2015

Week Thirty: The Little Rabbit + LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

Week 30 we read The Little Rabbit written by Judy Dunn:



For this week, instead of focusing on rabbits, I focused on the photograph aspect of this story.  I brought in my camera and took out some toys and tried to spark their imaginations.  As they took the pictures, I had them narrate the story to me and I would write it down, numbered as to which picture it went to.  


Then, I used Snapfish to put together their books.  Here are some examples of one:







I didn't tell them I was making their stories into books.  Instead, I wrapped them and attached a note:


Tino-
I’m glad I was your teacher
I’ve come to love you so.
I can’t believe the end is here,
I hate to see you go.
You’re such a star
And I love you so dearly.
You light up my life
I mean that sincerely.
Remember all the fun we had
In all the things we did,
But, most of all remember…
You’re a very special kid!

Love,

Miss Theresa


I gave their books to them on the last day of school. They were thrilled.



No comments:

Post a Comment