Monday, December 22, 2014

Week Fourteen: The Night of Las Posadas + CHRISTMAS

The Night of Las Posadas by Tomie dePaola is the story of a miracle that took place on the night of Las Posadas, a Spanish Christmas tradition.


While I wish I had started sooner, this was my one and only week to concentrate on Christmas.  

After reading the story, we made these.  The kids really loved sprinkling the glitter on:


These too were a hit,  they especially loved choosing the pom poms:



Their favorite thing, though, was the gingerbread man bakery I set up for them.  I used this recipe to make the play-doh.  It smelled and felt amazing-- just like the real thing.  I had to remind them not to eat it :)  Much fun (and secretly, fine motor skills and sensory and dramatic play) were had all around.  It was a delight.  



This picture is my favorite :) So much fun.


They made sure to fill up the pan:


They even baked them:





I brought in our Footsteps to Follow birth of Christ set which they had fun with.  The set includes a great book about the story of Christ's birth which I read to them. 




And I gave them the supplies to turn our baby doll crib into Baby Jesus' manger.



I stole this great idea from Jenae over at icanteachmychild.com.  A felt Christmas tree, who'd a thunk it?  Genius.





I just love the adorable Christmas decorations all around the room.




Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment